Saturday, February 28, 2009

February 28

Today I picked up our Angel Food boxes.

For $55.00, I got:

4 sirloin steaks
4 boneless pork chops
3 pounds boneless chicken breasts
6 salisbury steaks
bag of breaded chicken cutlets
rice
bean soup mix
huge bag of frozen french fries
1 box of mac and cheese
1 box of instant oatmeal
1 package of hot dogs
1 pound of bacon
1 dozen eggs
4 oranges
4 gala apples
2 pears
1 pineapple
4 pounds sweet potatoes
3 pounds yellow onions
3 pounds red delicious apples
half a vanilla cream bundt cake

And I swear there was more I can't think of off hand right now. There was enough to cover my entire kitchen island, and we have a huge kitchen island.

I didn't even have to get out of my car, they loaded the boxes right into the back for me.

They say it's enough to feed a family of four for a week, but I swear I can stretch that to two weeks.

If it's available near you, I would highly recommend it.

You do have to order ahead of time. I paid for the boxes in February, but I'm counting it toward March since we'll be using it all in March.

So, $55.00 so far in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment