Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March 25

I got to looking at my grocery receipt from yesterday, wondering how in the world I spent seventy some dollars on food for three planned meals. Turns out I buy lots of soda and kool-aid when it's on sale. Oh, I can get it cheap, like a dollar for a 2-liter or $2.50 a 12-pack and I got really excited to get a big canister of kool-aid mix for $1.50, but it adds up. I just don't like water. I want taste. Sweet taste. Good taste.

But. I am giving it all up.

Once I finish my stash, it's water, tea, juice, and milk for us from now on. Tap water is free and tea can be made very cheaply and a few teabags go a long way. My dad cannot live without his soda so we can get our carbonation fix when we go there. I have always watered my kids juice 50/50, this can stretch a 64-ounce jug to four or five days. Now, I think I'm going to start 75/25 to wean them off of it and onto water. With the exception of Adam, they don't like water anymore than I do.

So that's my new plan. I am hoping to save at least five bucks a week this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment